Monday, December 13, 2010

  
A man in Scotland calls his son in
London the day before Christmas Eve and says,
"I hate to ruin your day but I have to tell you that
your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five
years
of misery is
enough".
"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer",
the father says.
"We're sick of each other and I'm sick of talking about this,
so you call your sister in
Leeds and tell her".
Frantically, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone,
"Like hell they're getting divorced", she shouts,” I’ll take care
of this".
She calls Scotland immediately and screams at  her father, "
You are NOT
getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there.
I'm calling my
brother back and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then,
don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?” and hangs up.
  
The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. 
"Done! They're coming for Christmas - and they’re paying
their own way."

No comments: