Saturday, December 19, 2009

Edmund King, What did I do. page one of three

What did I do to help Lake Ashton residents have a better life?
When I first moved in three and a half years ago, they said nothing about pick-up trucks. It wasn't till 9 months later they came up with a new rule NO PICK UP TRUCKS ALLOWED PARKED IN YOUR DRIVEWAY. Now they tell me after I bought my home. I use my truck to pull my 36 ft RV and boat in this RV, boat and golf community. I have a large truck with a long bed, duramax 6.6L V8 Turbo with dual rear wheels cost of truck $50,000, and it does not fit in the garage. They said to all residents that you will be fine $100 a day starting on April 1, 2006 if you continued parking your truck in your own driveway. Where in hell am I and everybody else suppose to park their truck? Developer Larry Maxwell could not be reach for Comment, as always. Sonny Robertson and Keith Stevens was on the HOA committee that decided to ban the pickups here at lake Ashton. What right do they have to tell you what you drive? What are you to use to pull your boat and use the boat ramp that the developer build, your little 4 cylinder Honda? What a bunch of nuts. The CDD and the HOA just don't get the picture. At that time we could E-Mail Ashtonliving web site and say what we want. Well, June Young cancel that opportunity to e-mail our thoughts on her Web site, controlled by her, the developer and Joe Hunter. Now we still have a chance to say anything we want and let everybody know what is going on in here at Lake Ashton. You won't read it in the L A Times or Ashtonliving. My Web site is not control by the developer, Joe Adams or Tricia Adams. It is control by me and the people of Lake Ashton.

After many meetings with do nothing Joe Hunter, I decided enough is enough so I call the Ledger. They knew this was a big story that must be told to the people of Poke County. On March 2,2006 The Ledger published this story on the pick-up issue and it made headlines on the front page with a picture of Mike Hampton and his pick up truck, titled "pickup rebellion" He has long sold his home and moved out. Enough is enough he says. He was join by a few more residents, one couple left their home without it being sold because they had two pick ups. This community is nuts they said. You residents just don't know the rest of the story.

It did not stop with the ledger, I called Bay News Channel 9, and they came down with their news team, parked in front of our house and filmed a story about my truck, my garage, and me. That night it was on the nightly news. The pressure was now on and the public was notify of life here at Lake Ashton. The truth hurts, most of you would lied about it and it did not happen, I have proof it did happen and I do have the ledger. Some people just don't get the picture. This community is paradise and there are residents here that are afraid to talk and speak out. Its just too bad this did not happen to you.

To make this story short, as you can see, pick up trucks can now parked at their homes and in their driveways. Not one person came forward and thanked me for my effort. That is the attitude of residents of Lake Ashton. They care less, and I don't care, but the truth marches on. To be continued.

No comments: