Friday, April 1, 2011

Tracking ID: 63285b5fbfb7679

==================================================================
Thank you, John, for your letter. 

Letter TO THE NEWSPAPER:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
While  a  member of  Lake Ashton' 1  CDD  Board of
Supervisors, it was brought to my attention that  Lake
Ashton was conducting an illegal  50-50  Gambling Game
during its Monday night Bingo Games held there.

I was totally unaware of that function being illegal.  I
studied the Fl Statute on the subject and found that it was
true.   I immediately  did what the law required me to do.
  I contacted the Lake Ashton Attorney as well as the
District Manager.  They made the decision to cease that
illegal 50-50  drawing at Bingo on Monday nites,  as stated
in the Florida Statutes.

Jack VanSickle was aware that this illegal game went on
while he was a Commissioner and Mayor of Lake Wales.    When
I suggested to him he should have known the drawing was
illegal , his response at CDD meeting was quote  "  NO ONE
CAN CLAIM I EVER PURCHASED A TICKET "   ???   So that makes
it legal?

I contend anyone can make a mistake.  We all have.  But when
a mistake is exposed,  rather than turn your back on it,
confront it and correct it.  That is exactly what I did. 
The Mayor dd not.

April 5th can be the beginning of the return to a wonderful
and prosperous community.  I do not prefer VanSickle at the
helm.

I believe  a vote for BETTY WOJCIK is that beginning.


John L Chickness Sr
Former Lake Ashton 1
CDD Supervisor


  

No comments: