Saturday, January 8, 2011

Cost

A farmer knocked on the door of a neighboring farmhouse and a youngster answered his knock. The farmer asked: "Is your father or mother at home?" The child said that they were both in town.

The farmer then asked if his brother, Harold, was at home. The youngster said he was at the other farm doing chores.

The youngster said: "I'm nine years old, sir, and I know where all the tools and wrenches are located, so I can get that for you."

The farmer said he had a problem he had to talk to his father about. The farmer's daughter was pregnant, and his brother, Harold, was the father.The youngster looked the man in the eye for a minute and said: "I don't know what to tell you, mister, Dad gets $50.00 for the boar, $500.00 for the bull, but I'm not sure what he charges for Harold."

No comments: