Saturday, December 5, 2009

Love your blog! HOA Attorney Daniel Perry

Daniel Perry
To: lakeashtontalk@yahoo.com

Mr. King:

I enjoyed our brief meeting and the presentation to you and your homeowners regarding the MX situation.

I have very much enjoyed reading your blog. I am a blogger as well and have provided legal advice to dozens of bloggers.

I was advised of some of your postings and while I can say that some of your criticism of the HOA is misdirected, it is clear that your heart is in the right place. I told your HOA that they should welcome your criticism. We are increasingly in an era of a need for more transparency.

I am told that the restaurant health code violations were resolved quickly. If this is untrue please provide me some details so I can investigate further.

As of Jan 1, the HOA will control (and be responsible for) all aspects of bingo. Once the previous years records are in the HOA's control the HOA will be more than happy to allow you and any other homeowner's review of those records. Of course, we will gladly respond to any governmental inquiry and will publicly share the communications we have with such agencies to the homeowners.

The HOA has authorized me to engage you in discussion and fully respond to any inquiries you make. I hope this will bring about some renewed appreciation for openness in these matters.

Would you like for me to call you sometime next week?

No comments: