Thursday, May 26, 2011

Jeff Salvin


May 18, 2011

To Our Friends and Neighbors.

As I have told it to many new residents, at each new resident orientation that Tricia Adams invited me to speak,  ‘Lake Ashton is, without a doubt, the best place in the United States to retire.

Most of you know that some weeks ago I was diagnosed as having a rather large cancerous brain tumor that was compressing my optic nerve and preventing me from enjoying the many things and activities, which I love.

I want to tell you that I underwent successful surgery on Monday, and the current prognosis looks favorable for an eventual return to a normal life.

It would be impossible for us to individually thank the hundreds of Lake Ashton residents who continually called, sent cards and letters of hope and cheer, and kept us continually and diligently in their prayers.

We would like to say, “THANK YOU here and now, and especially to those residents we barely knew.  We cannot even remotely express what those actions have meant to us throughout this ordeal.

I am up and about, and I shall in the future endeavor to continue to haunt you by whispering the voice of reason in your collective ears.

WITH ALL OUR LOVE AND GRATITUDE

BARB and JEFF SALVIN

No comments: