Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Paul Pontious E-Mail to Attorney Kevin Doty

Subject: Bingo Records

You may represent some of the residents of Lake Ashton, but in my opinion they really need to move away as all they do is bitch and cause trouble. Not one of them has ever done anything to attempt to make our beautiful committee better. All our, so called, ADHOC Committee has ever done is find fault with anyone who wants to do good for Lake Ashton. Bigger horses asses do not exist on our planet.
Next, I have had nothing to do with the bingo records for several months. You will have to find someone else to provide you records if they are agreeable to do so. We have been under the control of our HOA only since Jan 1, 2010, so the only records covered by the Sunshine Laws will be record as of that date,. all other records will not be available to examine. Of course you might be able to get a year end report that is done at the middle of September and sent in to the Bingo Licensing Center in Bartow.
The Polk County Sheriff's deputy, who is responsible for policing bingo in Polk County received the records he requested several months ago, and has obviously found no problems with the way money as handled or spent. We have never spent any bingo monies for anything other that bingo supplies and equipment. Until Mr. Ralls and associates stopped our 50-50 draws we were able to return that money either to Lake Ashton or to Charity. However, that is all history. I was told we were the only ones to run a 50-50 draw in Polk County, which I find amusing as every organized function I attend in this area has a 50-50 draw. What these jerks did was kill the goose that laid the golden eggs that helped reduce their CDD assessments. Pretty smart planning possibly for someone dumber than a 5th grader.
As far as Dan Perry is concerned, he is well aware that I have very little use for him or his as the wind blows interpretations of various situations. He is the only attorney I have ever dealt with who will normally answer your e-mails within 5 minutes after you send one to him. I don't know, maybe he sits in front of his computer just waiting for an e-mail he can answer. Evidently, he is not extremely busy. Our previous attorney sometimes would take a couple of weeks to research a topic prior to getting back to our HOA Board, I really suspect this was because he was a very busy attorney and had other business to take care of at the time. I also have it on unquestionable resources that it was the GREAT Mr. Perry who caused our bingo group to get rid of the $22,000 that was scheduled by that bingo committee to replace the carpeting in our ballroom at a cost of around $16,000 and to help with several other projects in order to hold CDD assessments in check., So DO NOT try to convince me as to how great mr.perry is as an attorney or as a human being.
I do not have access to records as I previously stated, but have discussed the issue with the person currently directing our bingo, and he also says you will need to number 1, Contact him, and number 2, you will likely need a supeona.
If there was some way that Lake Ashton could keep attorneys noses out of our business, we would all be better off. You people set in your fancy offices and try to find ways to make money off of people who are facing some difficulty. As far as I am concerned, I have met in my 70 years, only 3 or 4 of your ilk that I would trust to work for me. The rest are ambulance chasers, police band listeners, and use any other means to drum up business so you can rip another person or family off.
So please take you request for information on Lake Ashton Bingo and shove it where the sun cannot reach it.
Please feel free to share this message with anyone you wish. I mean every word of what I have included. I have other adjectives that also can be used if this is not clear enough as to where I stand on this issue.
Not Respectful of you in any way:
Paul B. F. Pontious


No comments: