Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Brenda Van Sickle avoids the question

Question:

I would like each candidate to state if they or their spouse are bond holders in the Lake Ashton East CDD. I believe that this is important in our understanding on who is the better candidate and how a candidate may vote on certain issues. I certainly hope that this question is included in the Q&A session that usually occurs during the election process.

As for conflict of interest, please tell me what that might be. You might want to read up on the Florida Statute 112.311 and for a definition of conflict of interest Florida Statute 112.312.
Question
Brenda and all Candidates,

What Tom Scali is referring to is when Lake Ashton opened its doors in 2000, and during the 'heyday' of sales, our developer offered various forms of financial instruments, with a guaranteed rates of return; these financial instruments were promoted / sold by Financial Advisor (and resident) Robert J. Ference, of the Ingram Financial Group. The developer based his 'guarantee rate of return' on his vast real estate holdings. Thus many Lake Ashton residents, to include some of the past and current HOA and CDD leaders, took advantage of these 'guaranteed' investment.

Thus the question remains - a statement from each candidate that they (their spouse or themselves) do or do not own any of these bonds, since ownership of such investments represents a conflict of interest.

For Brenda specifically, a statement from you regarding you and your families long time relationship with the developer, including the various family members who work / worked for the developer, is in order, since such a relationship represents a conflict of interest. Also, will your husband still be mayor at the time that elections are to held? If so, then this too represents a conflict of interest and you should withdraw from this election.

Answer
We may not always agree, but I think we should be able to disagree respectfully.
I am not sure what my, as you put it, “long time relationship with the developer, including the various family members who work / worked for the developer, is in order, since such a relationship represents a conflict of interest. “ is all about. I have no family members who ever worked for the developer nor have I. If you would be so kind as to inform me where you got this incorrect information, I would be happy to enlighten them also. The only relationship I have with the developer is that I bought a house from him, as you did, and I rent an RV space from him, as you do. Mr. Mayor is not running for the CDD board and I get no vote downtown, so I am not sure why you feel this is a conflict of interest. Please show me the statute that states there is a conflict. I have NO intent of withdrawing from this election.

You and I disagree on some major issues concerning Lake Ashton. I am sorry you feel those are not substantial enough to use in your campaign for the candidates you support. There is no need to resort to fabrications.
Brenda Van Sickle, Candidate for the Lake Ashton CDD, seat 2

I give up reply the writer of the blog. Answer the Question! Yes or No All she can do is call the cops on the card players.

No comments: