Friday, March 26, 2010

USING CREDIT/DEBIT CARD

Read this note very carefully. I did not
know about the clear button, but I will be
pushing the clear button before I swipe

my gas or debit card and after just to be
safe.

People are getting really desperate due to the
constantly rising gas prices. A friend just told

me about something that happened to one of his

coworkers.She used her credit/debit card to

purchase gas at the pump (like most of us do).
She received her receipt like normal.
However, when she checked her statement, there

were TWO $50 charges in addition to her purchase.
Upon investigation, she found out that
because she did not press the 'clear'
button on the pump, the employee inside the
store was able to use her card to purchase
his/her own gas on her card. To keep this from

happening, after you get your receipt,
you must press the'CLEAR' button or your
information will be stored until the next customer
inserts their card. Be sure to tell all your
friends/family so that this doesn't happen to you!
(**I had never noticed the clear button but I got
gas the other day and sure enough it is there.

I will be using it from now on......)

No comments: